Aug 12, 2010

Silly dreams waking me up in the middle of the night and making me sleepy all day. . .

A couple of nights ago I had a dream that me and my friend were sitting in my room chatting idly, when she decided to throw a cockroach at my face. I woke with a start desperately trying to flick the bug away from myself, only to realise I had in fact been dreaming. I was so annoyed at this rude awakening that, despite the dream having nothing to do with her, I was mildly annoyed at my friend when I saw her that morning.

Dreams are strange. They are not real, just mixtures or memory and imagination, yet they can seem unusually real sometimes. They can feel real enough to wake you from the deepest sleep or to even make you wonder if they had further meaning. Perhaps Inception has made my view on my dreams more creative, or just made me curious about them. I know one thing is for sure, I have been remembering more of my dreams lately and it has been both interesting and irritating.

Interesting because dreaming does make sleep less boring, irritating when the dreams wake me up in the middle of the night and leave me exhausted for the whole day. What was really interesting though was when I realised I was dreaming half way through a dream. I don't remember what I was dreaming about, I just remember that when I discovered I was dreaming my instant reaction was "I'm gonna fly!". Flying is fun, even if it was just a dream.

Well that is all I have to say to you.

-Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Perhaps you would like to comment about soup? No? OK whatever works for you.