Oct 7, 2010

Lame movies.

Second week of the school holidays has come far too soon. Can't they just drag on forever so I don't have to ever do school work, assignments, exams or actually speak to teachers?

I remember the days when the end of the holidays was practically a god send. Those were primary school holidays for you. The holidays would start, I would maybe have some plans for the first week or so, but after a little while the days would drag on.

I'd lose track of what day it was, thinking Wednesday was Friday and Saturday was Thursday somehow. Now I see the losing track of days as blissful ignorance that fuels a relaxed break from that hell hole they call school.

I suppose school isn't that bad, but I might just be saying that because it has been almost a week and a half since I have had to deal with it. Some more of that blissful ignorance working for me.

I remember what drove me insane the most, back in the primary school days when I actually got over being on holiday, was the extremely lame movies they always play at lunchtime on channel seven.

Weather it is a story about a dog saving the world, a little boy getting lost on a mountain trail, or a kid born with a condition that causes calcium build up in the skull making him look like he'd face planted into a moving train (I'm serious that was the plot of a midday movie I saw once), the midday movies on channel seven are always fun to laugh at.

Apparently, according to my dad at least, there are sometimes decent midday movies. . . . . Right. I'll believe that when I see it.

All I know is that when I was in primary school the lack of interesting action on TV during the day made me go crazy enough to not be devastated at returning to school. You are a fool, past-me! You should have lazed about and sucked up every ounce of your freedom! Or better yet, you should have constructed a Tardis out of a handy refrigerator box so you could bring me back to those times so I could enjoy the holidays for you!

. . . . OK, you know you have been sitting in the house watching lame movies for too long when you start having figurative conversations with your past self.

-Rachel gone mad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Perhaps you would like to comment about soup? No? OK whatever works for you.