Jan 15, 2011

TEAM ZOMBIES

I would like to start this by giving my younger brother Matthew all the credit for the new profile picture I have. He didn’t just take that one. No, that is one of many that he took. Every time he took a picture I would be very fussy with it. “My shoes weren’t straight” “The light was too bright” “My socks weren’t high enough” “The NERD logo on my shirt wasn’t clear” Thanks for dealing with it Matt, I doubt you will even read this.


In other news, I have been reading a book called Zombies VS Unicorns. The concept originally began in February 2007 when Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier began having a heated discussion over which is better, Zombies or Unicorns. This book is a collection of short stories by various authors all of whom have an opinion on the matter. Every second story is a Zombie story while the rest are Unicorn stories, each one an attempt to convince the reader which creature is best.

So far I’ve enjoyed the Zombie stories most, though there was a Unicorn story (purity test by Naomi Novik) that was absolutely hilarious, mostly because it kind of inadvertently made fun of unicorn legends. When I first started reading I wasn’t sure which side I was on. I was torn because while I love Zombie games, Zombie stories and Zombie movies, Unicorns are magic horses with deadly weapons on their heads.

While playing Left 4 Dead 2, I realised I had been a zombie supporter from the start. Sure Unicorns are cool and Robot Unicorn Attack is an epic game, but they are just not as awesome as Zombies and Left 4 dead is also an epic game.

This is my opinion and I am sticking to it. Listen to this though, you might find it interesting. When I first saw the film Zombie Land I was eating a massive bowl of Froot Loops. Now whenever I watch it I think of Froot Loops. A bowl of Froot Loops is practically a bowl of sugary rainbows. Unicorns are often associated with rainbows. My mind was blown when I realised this. I can tell you don’t care either way.

RachOddSocks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Perhaps you would like to comment about soup? No? OK whatever works for you.