Dec 14, 2010

Mismatched activities

If you have been wondering about my recent lack in posts, which I doubt since I have no structure whatsoever in regards to my posting, it is due to the fact that our Internet had once again been run down. I blame YouTube once more. Also I blame Saint Motel because while I didn’t have their CD I had to listen to them via YouTube. Curse you awesome music.

Well now I have my Saint Motel CD and a few drafts of blog posts just waiting to be posted. This being one of them. There are a few things that I have to blog about, though their levels of interest vary from not very interesting to maybe mildly interesting if you are lucky. The theme of this post is brought to you by mice and fight club. You read that correctly I assure you, unless you think it said lice and light bulb.

First I shall explain the mice part. I’ve had pet mice for ages. They just don’t seem to want to stop breeding. Honestly, right when we think we have successfully separated the boys from the girls, there is a new litter of baby mice running about the cage. We have a few new mice in the cage that are small and adorable at the moment. I was playing with them the other day, letting them crawl all over my arms and whatnot. In fact, that was shortly after I watched Fight Club. . . .

I have to say fight club is awesome. Brad Pitt, Edward Norton and the ever wonderful Helena Bonham Carter all star in it. I’m pretty keen to read the book it was based on, written by a guy by the name of Chuck Palahniuk. Pronounce that last name out loud I dare you.
So there you have it, the connection between mice and fight club. What will I do with this connection, you ask? Why, I am going to put up fight club quotes between pictures of my baby mice, of course!


                             “With insomnia nothing is real. Everything is far away everything is a copy.”

                

“It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we are free to do anything.”



“On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero.”



“Life insurance pays off triple if you die on a business trip.”




“If I didn’t say anything people always assumed the worst.”



“I found freedom. Losing all hope was freedom.” 


“If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up a different person?”



                                                 “The things you own end up owning you.”


                               “From now on, all those with shaved heads: space monkeys.”


That last quote just might be my favorite quote of all time. Aren't my pet mice adorable?

-RachOddSocks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Perhaps you would like to comment about soup? No? OK whatever works for you.